Heed PR’s Second Birthday: 5 Things We’re Grateful For
Today marks our second business birthday, and man, what a wild ride it’s been. If you’d asked us two years ago where we thought we’d be today, I can bet we wouldn’t have said “navigating our way through a global pandemic.” Now more than ever, we are counting our blessings and taking time to remember what matters most. We thought it would be an energizing practice to make note of what we’re grateful for after these incredible two years in business. And, with all the uncertainty and anxiety in the world right now, we wanted to share some positivity with you.
So without further ado, here are five things we’re endlessly grateful for (in no particular order):
- Our amazing clients. If you’ve watched or read anything we’ve put out there about our clients, it’s that we love these businesses, and more importantly the people who we interact with day-to-day. Before we started Heed, we mapped out our goals and wishes for our business and personal lives, and one crucial element of our planning was a commitment to working with people who we enjoy who are doing things we believe in. To say that we have accomplished that goal would be an understatement.
- Our incredible network of supporters and business partners. From day one, YOU — yeah, you — showed up. You championed us, you encouraged us, you told your friends and loved ones and business connections about us and what we were doing. You helped us solve problems, persevere, and move forward. You believed we could make this work, and so, together, we have.
- An amazing roster of contractors. Did you know that Chattanooga was recently ranked as one of the best cities in America for freelancers? We’d also venture to say that we have some of the nation’s best freelance talent. Over the past couple of years, we’ve had the opportunity to work with some really wonderful and talented people. We’ve been awestruck time and time again with the quality of work our network of creatives can produce, and we’re proud to call them friends and partners. We couldn’t do what we do without you!
- Chattanooga. Many of you may have heard me say this before — but although I’m a Chattanooga native, my current existence in Chattanooga is entirely different from what I experienced growing up. As a kid, going downtown was like visiting another city (we didn’t get out much). Fast forward to today, and I’d describe my current Chattanooga experience as welcomed. David and I feel like we’ve found a sweet spot in our sweet community, and we’re honored to be welcomed into so many exciting conversations and initiatives.
- Each other (and Junior, of course!) David jokes that I “run the show,” but let’s be honest: His gift is the art of developing the angle, and I’m constantly amazed at his ability to find the “sparkle” in just about anything. (Not that our clients make this too difficult — we are lucky that they all have incredibly cool stories to tell!) I know what you’re thinking, and it’s true: He’s the fun one, and I’m the party pooper. But we’re two halves of a whole that (usually) seem to jive in a remarkable way.
Oh, and of course we’d be way less fun (and take many fewer walks) if it wasn’t for our buddy Junior who keeps us laughing and never hesitates to give your elbow a snoot bump when you’re overdue for a break.
Hopefully, we can all get together to celebrate Heed turning 3 in 2021. Until then, we hope you stay safe, happy, and healthy.